Jamaica Standard Products Co. Limited. (JSP) was established in 1942 by founder Leslie Minott. The company located in Williamsfield, Manchester, traded in produce such as goat skin, cola nut (bissy), sarsaparilla, pimento ginger and honey. This led to the birth of the Jamaica High Mountain Coffee in 1952, which
became famous worldwide. Today JSP is the largest of single growers and processors of coffee in Jamaica, exporting to markets in Europe, United States, Japan and China.
JSP currently operates five (5) specialty coffee shops located in the parish of St. James, St Ann and Trelawny under the names, Coffee ‘n’ Spice and Island Brew Café.
JSP currently produces four (4) brands of coffees:
• Island Blue® Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee
• Island Brew ® Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Premium Blend
• Baronhall Estate ® Jamaican Gourmet Coffee
• Jamaica High Mountain Coffee (flagship brand)
JSP believes in delivering quality service and quality products to its consumers based on international standards and this has been corroborated by numerous awards such as:
• Monde Selection Awards (Brussels) for our coffee and coffee liqueur (1984-2006)
• Monde Selection (Brussels) Grand Gold Award for our Baronhall Farms sauces
• The Agency for the Valorization of Agricultural Products Awards (France) – Jamaica IslandBlue® Blue Mountain® Coffee – Gourmet Silver Certificate in the Powerful and Aromatic Category.
John O. Minott, General Manager
Jamaica Standard Products Limited (JSL)
Williamsfield, Manchester, Jamaica, W.I.